I will not be making any money from the project, in fact I am rather uncomfortable with the Go Fund Me page as I strongly believe creativity should not be limited by cost. We live a simple life and need very little money, we are more than satisfied with our lot.
What donations will be used for
Any donations will be put into posting and promoting the project on FaceBook. We cannot take the exhibition to some of the locations (I do not drive and my husband is 81), we can do up to 100 mile trip, but after that it will need to be shipped by courier. When it comes to travelling from the UK to Australia in 2020 it will cost quite a lot, at this stage I cannot get an estimate as we do not know how big the installation will be by then.
This self-imposed commitment is purely voluntary,
given with love to inspire people to be creative.
To give them the opportunity, and the permission
to simply play and see what happens...
I believe in cultivating confidence in the community through creativity
I also like alliteration!
Here are the hosts for the travelling exhibition so far:
• March 2019 - international Women's Day at Essex University
• April 2019 - Stony Stratford Library in Buckinghamshire
• May 2019 - Museum of Power in Langford, Essex
• June 2019 - Museum of Power in Langford, Essex
• July 2019 - Brentwood in Essex - tbc
• August 2019 - Parndon Mill in Harlow, Essex
• March 2010 - back home for International Women's Day in Colchester Essex
• May 2020 off to Australia - Tasmania and The Gold Coast confirmed so far.
I am currently in negotiations with Telford in Shropshire and Northumberland,
if you know of a potential venue then please let me know - thank you.
'I can and I do' - by Christine